Subject: Wake and Funeral Service for John Francis Bamann.
1) John Francis Bamann was a member of the Bamann Insurance Agency with his father Arthur and his brother Robert.
2) John Francis Bamann was an Active Firefighter from 1964 until 1979 (16 years).
3) John was a fire lieutenant in Company Two and a member of the Ambulance Squad (Group Three).
4) He joined the Fire Exempts in 1979 and worked with Len Ehlers on many euchre tournaments at the Exempts.
5) He was the coordinator of the baseball 13-run-pool for many years at the Fire Exempts.
6) John had a fantastic ability to remember numbers. He knew your birthday, your social security number, and the year you joined the fire Association and the Exempts.
7) John died of cancer on December 1, 2020. He had been suffering from cancer since 2018.
Sunday December 6th at 3:30 pm at the Ryan Funeral Home 777 Long Pond Road.
1) The Bamann family will hold a Wake Service at the James Ryan Funeral Home on 777 Long Pond Road on Sunday, December 6th from 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm.
2) Remember: If you feel or are sick or you are uncomfortable with gatherings of this size, please stay home. John, his family and our organization do not want you to spread this virus any further than is. If you do decide not to attend these services, please remember John in your own way.
3) MASKS. Masks will be required for all attendees both outside and inside the funeral home. The mask must cover both your mouth and your nose. NO ONE WILL BE ADMITTED to this facility who wish NOT to comply with this requirement.
4) The Fire Department will conduct our newly modified Code F Service at 3:30 pm at the funeral home. Class A uniforms will be worn by all who have them. Appropriate civilian attire is your alternative.
5) Members are asked to arrive at the funeral home by 3:15 pm. Weather permitting we will gather on the front lawn of the home. If the weather does not allow us to gather outside, please remain inside your cars until called by one of our coordinators.
6) While on the front lawn or after exiting your cars we will recite the Firefighter’s Prayer by the front door of the funeral home.
7) After the Prayer, we will proceed single file into the funeral home, file past John’s casket and the family members, and exit the funeral home, get into our cars and return home.
8) At the request of the family and our fire association, there will be no hugs, kisses, handshakes, or contact with the family as we leave the building. This virus is serious and should be a concern for all of us.
Monday December 7th at 10:00 at the Saint Margaret Mary Church, 401 Rogers Parkway.
1) John’s Funeral Mass will be conducted in his boyhood church of Saint Margaret Mary’s, 401 Rogers Parkway.
2) NO Uniforms. All are asked to wear “business attire”.
3) MASKS. Masks will be required for all attendees both outside and inside the church. The mask must cover both your mouth and your nose. NO ONE WILL BE ADMITTED to the church who wish NOT to comply with this requirement.
4) Members will form two lines as John’s casket is brought into and out of the church.
5) Once John’s casket is inside the church, the SMM Hospitality Ministers and our coordinators will ask you to be seated. Please maintain proper spacing in your pews. Do not bunch up. The family chose this church so all attendees might have enough spacing between each other.
6) Kneel, sit and stand as directed if you are comfortable with this. If not please remain seated.
7) After the final eulogy (by Bill Doran) file to the back of the church and form up into the two lines as directed.
8) Once John’s casket is placed into the hearse, move to your cars and go home.
9) The family has asked that only they will proceed to John’s internment in the Holy Sepulchre Cemetery.
May John Rest in Peace!
May the Good Lord look after his wife Mary and all of their family!
Doran & Kraemer