Our friend and fellow firefighter Kenny Martens died on May 29, 2021. He is predeceased by his parents Howard and Patricia; brother,Robert "Herbie". Ken is survived by his siblings Joan, Debbie, Gerard (Carolyn) and Sue Martens.
Kenny first joined our organization in December 1993.
Friday June 4th:
1) An Honor Guard will serve Kenny from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM at the Harris Funeral Home, 570 Kings Highway South. The sign up sheet will be posted at our Cooper Road Fire Station starting in the afternoon of June 2nd. We will need at least one member for every fifteen minute section. If more are available, we will stand two at a time. Once assigned, please do not leave until your replacement(s) have arrived.
2) The family will welcome friends and family with a Wake Service from 4:00 PM until 7:00 PM at the Funeral Home.
3) The members of the St. Paul Boulevard Fire Department will honor Kenny with a Code F and Bell Service at 6:30 PM at the Funeral Home. We would like to gather before 6:15 PM inside.
Saturday June 5th:
1) Kenny's family has scheduled a funeral service at the Harris Funeral Home starting at 10:00 AM.
2) Following the service, the family will gather at the Saint Paul Exempts at noon (12:00) to welcome friends and family with a buffet and beverages. All are welcome to join them.
1) The National Colors at our Cooper Road Fire Station will fly at Half Mast for Kenny until 12:00 PM on Saturday June 5th.
2) Class A Uniforms will be worn by all firefighter attendees for these services.
3) Please call Chaplain Doran if you have any concerns.