TOP 10 FIRE SAFETY TIPS
10) Every home should have an evacuation plan and designated meeting place.
9) Smoke rises so, when exiting a fire, stay low to the ground.
8) If your clothes are on fire, STOP, DROP, and ROLL could save your life.
7) Frayed and cracked electrical wiring in your home could lead to disaster.
6) Firefighters need fire hydrants to put out fires. Make sure yours is clear of snow and debris.
5) It is important to know two exits from every room in your house.
4) Open flames and candles should never be left unattended.
3) Fire extinguishers should be placed in workshop areas, garages and kitchens. Know how to use them.
2) Emergency personnel will be able to find your house quicker if the house number is clearly visible.
1) Your smoke alarm is your best defense against tragedy. Change the batteries twice annually.